A resident visa is an analogue of a residence permit. It is issued for a period of 1 to 10 years, depending on the type of visa and the grounds for obtaining it. This document allows a foreign citizen to permanently reside in the territory of the United Arab Emirates, enter and leave an unlimited number of times within the validity of a visa, and obtain an Emirates ID (local identity card).
The whole process can be divided into 5 main stages:
1. First you need to choose a foundation suitable for your situation;
2. Get an entry permit (entry permit) or change the status (status change) if necessary;
3. Take a medical test (fluorography and blood tests) at approved medical centers in the UAE;
4. Pass biometrics (fingerprint collection);
5. Apply for residency and get an Emirates ID.
1. Open a company. In this case, an investor visa is issued for a period of 2 to 5 years (depends on the amount of investment).
2. Get the status of a freelancer. The visa is issued for 1-2 years and allows you to engage in the activities specified in the license.
3. Get an official job. In this case, the employer is engaged in issuing a visa. Usually they do it for 2 years. When an employee is dismissed, the visa is canceled, and the person will have 30 days to find a new job, otherwise they will have to leave the country or create another basis for obtaining residency.
4. Buy real estate.
5. Sponsor’s visa. If you have a close relative (husband/wife/children/parent) with an income of 4000 dirhams, a resident visa and an Emirates ID, he can become your sponsor. In this case, you can get a visa for 1-2 years. You cannot work on such a visa, you are only allowed to permanently reside in the UAE. To apply for this type of visa, you will need to legalize a document confirming the degree of kinship.
Our specialists are ready to help you choose the most suitable way of legalization in the UAE, taking into account your situation and accompany you at all stages of obtaining a visa and EID. Sign up for a free consultation and find out how to get a resident status in the United Arab Emirates.